(02) -ENGLISH BLOG!-

Friday, April 3, 2009

Task: First Argument!

1. Choose one of the following topics.
a) Students should be allowed to set their own rules.
b) School promotes “correctness” over “creativity”.
c) Scrap the CCTs.

I disagree that CCTs should be scrapped.

Firstly, CCTs act as a method of gauging a student's progress, with regards to how much information he has managed to absorb and understand in class. Without CCTs, it is likely that students would not make an effort to remember important information for the subjects they are taking, putting them at a disadvantage when the end-of-year examinations come around.

On the other hand, CCTs certainly do provide a lot of stress that students can do without. While this cannot be said to be beneficial, it does push students to work hard to achieve their desired grades. Besides, there is no reason why CCTs should bring students too much stress if they pay attention in class and make an effort to revise their work diligently.

Therefore, to conclude, I disagree that CCTs should be scrapped.

1 Comments:

At April 4, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger louist said...

I'd actually only wanted an argument paragraph for this, so I won't comment on the essay on the whole. I'm guessing this is Logos. Correct me if I'm wrong!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home